Hi from Cresencia!

Hi from Cresencia!

by Cresencia Fong -
Number of replies: 1
Where are you from?
Why are you interested in this course?
What has to happen in order for you to consider this course a success?
What else? (your work, your experiences, etc.)

Hello!

My name is Cresencia Fong and I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I'm interested in this course because I have been following the course instructors via Twitter and because I'd like to experience doing an "open course" (my first one!!!). My only fear is that I won't be able to participate as actively as I would like...

I am currently doing year 2 of a PhD program in Curriculum Studies and Teacher Development (OISE) and also Knowledge Media Design (UT). I hold an MA from OISE in Educational Technology.

I am an educator (primary, junior, and intermediate grades) with the Toronto District School Board and am currently on leave. I have also done consulting work with the school board as Instructional Leader in the area of ICT and e-Learning. In this capacity, I provided professional development and classroom support to K-12 teachers and their students.

I'm keenly interested in using educational technology to maximize learning, and eagerly look forward to learning with all of you!

Cheers,
Cresencia
In reply to Cresencia Fong

Re: Hi from Cresencia!

by Cresencia Fong -
I can't seem to figure out how to edit my introduction, so I'll just add my further info here as a reply...

I plan to blog about my learning in this course in my learning journal: http://ideaflashlog.blogspot.com/

I may tweet some of my thoughts, and while I will attach the #LAK-11 hastag, feel free to follow me: @cresencia.

Cheers,
Cresencia