Hello from Peter Condon

Hello from Peter Condon

by Peter Condon -
Number of replies: 1

Hello everyone! And a Happy New Year!

I am Peter Condon and I am based in the UK in a beautiful Cotteswold Vale in the South West of England. These days I am partly self employed – the part where I work in eLearning, which I keep working at to make it my main role again. I also work for a charity running a project to support people who care for relatives or friends who are long-term ill. We call these carers ‘informal carers’ as they do not get paid for what they do. There are many unsung heroes in this field but they are difficult to find so we can help them. I think this is very similar to many industry and community based learners who are also ‘informal’ and need to be recognised and supported.

My interest is in the use of Social Learning for industry, and how to prove the worth of such learning to business owners and industry leaders. I know that I must approach them with facts and be able to prove the benefit of social learning for their employees, their companies and their industry – as well as their profit margins! After all I hope they will eventually fund the project and if this works I will need to show the benefits to other potential areas of industry based social learning.

I am looking forward to discovering ways of analysing courses and although I am disappointed not to be able to attend the Elluminate session tomorrow (the time translation to 6pm UK time means I will be travelling then) the course looks very interesting.

Looking forward to the learning journey with you all. In the meantime here is a picture of the Vale of Evesham in warmer days (It’s winter here).

Peter

Attachment Evesham_Vale_2010.JPG
In reply to Peter Condon

Re: Hello from Peter Condon

by Tony Ratcliffe -

Hi Peter,

With your organisation's work for the long-term ill, I wonder if you have been acquainted with A Caregiver's Guide? It has been in print in different languages, and you can download a free copy.

All the best,

Tony (originally from High Wycombe in the UK, and planning to continue studies through the U of Leicester)