Greetings from Edmonton, Canada

Greetings from Edmonton, Canada

by Tony Ratcliffe -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone,

This is my third MOOC, but only the second in which I consider active participation. We just completed PLENK2010 a short time ago.

Several aspects have my attention. I expect to be bombarded with data and other information in the months/years ahead, so I would like to learn to make sense of it. Anticipating entry into a doctoral program later this month, my research interest is in the use of technologies in informal and self-directed work-based learning. From the LAK11 course syllabus, "Learning analytics can play a role in highlighting the development of employees through their learning activities." Sounds like a connection and reason for interest to me! Further, I love the concept of the MOOC, with no set assignments, grading, completion times, etc. Finally, we have wonderful facilitations--three I know and  two I look forward to getting to know.

Currently self-employed as an independent life and health insurance broker, it takes some explaining as to why I have a passion for lifelong learning, e-learning, and doctoral research. I must say that I love the fact I can communicate around the world, around the clock, about education, but insurance is usually a conversation ender.

Please, keep in mind the excellent advice received in our last MOOC. You will not be able to get to everything in this course. Do what you can, and focus on your interests. For me, it will be a success learning something new and meeting new people.

Tony @aeratcliffe on Twitter

In reply to Tony Ratcliffe

Hello from your SL neighbor

by Linda Burns -
Nice to see you hear. This is my 5th MOOC. I enjoy learning this way.

Linda
(Sail Wozniak in SL)