Greetings from near Oxford, UK

Greetings from near Oxford, UK

by Gillian Palmer -
Number of replies: 6
'Near Oxford' is shorthand for 'in a tiny village in UK' where, if the weather would let me, I would be out tending the garden. As a freelance learning designer, consultant and teacher working in a variety of countries, this course looks like an excellent chance to keep up to date, try new things and connect ideas.
I speak a variety of languages and design mostly business and IT/IS programmes but have been known to assist with the design of courses as varied as washing dishes and 'financial futures and options'.
I look forward to working with you.
In reply to Gillian Palmer

Re:

by Valeria Sechi -
Hi Gillian,
Thank you so much, I will follow your advice ...
See you soon

Valeria wink

Re: Greetings from near Oxford, UK

by Lenandlar Singh -
Look forward to you work on the group too. Would be interesting to learn about the sort of IT/IS teaching that you do.

Best regards

Len
In reply to Lenandlar Singh

by Gillian Palmer -
Hi Len. Glad to meet you.
IS/IT experience comes from designing, developing and quality assuring various university programmes (as a linguist, I needed to learn fast and have help); teaching groups of dispersed professionals (often reluctant to use machines) to use social media to improve their client interactions and facilitate their administration; working on two European Union projects to develop flexible lifelong learning routes for IT/IS professionals who may change university and country several times while accumulating academic credit. Along the way I have learned various bits of programming and plenty about vendor certifications, especially for networking.
Having said all that, when I teach, it is usually organisational behaviour, international business, learning design or spoken languages. I guess we all wear many hats.
Best wishes,
Gillian

by Lenandlar Singh -
Thanks for that reply. Good work you do there.

I am particularly interested in using Social Networks for teaching Computer Science, and other things. Information Systems research is something that i'm really keen on in general.

Best Regards

Len
In reply to Lenandlar Singh

by Gillian Palmer -
Hello again.
We could be straying off topic here so I'll reply separately to you tomorrow (if no visitors) or Sunday. Lots can be done.
Have a good afternoon/evening.
Gillian