Hello from Lac Le Jeune, British Columbia

Hello from Lac Le Jeune, British Columbia

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 0
I've been keeping my eye on this LAK11 topic for some time, so I feel very fortunate to be helping out as one of the facilitators. There's no better way to learn than to take on a role where you really need to pay attention! :-)

I work from my home office in Lac Le Jeune, British Columbia -- high enough in the mountains that we spend a fair amount of time feeding the wood stove and shoveling snow. For the past 16 years I've been involved in all sorts of interesting projects related to online communities and teaching and learning online.

For the past 6 years I've been the community steward for SCoPE (where you are now) which is an international community hosted by BCcampus. Also in my role of client services manager for BCcampus, I support leaders of several Communities of Practice, and coordinate professional learning opportunities in British Columbia, all related to teaching and learning, and connecting across disciplines in higher education. In my work the topic of analytics comes up frequently, both in formal an informal learning contexts, so I look forward to the next 6 weeks and learning from all of you.

For this course to be successful I'd like to see participants asking a lot of questions...because there are a lot of questions to ask about this topic!