Work Place Connection

Work Place Connection

by Brent Lee -
Number of replies: 2
Can we build a universal environment with the iPad maintaining connection and credibility between the learning environment in colleges and universities and that of the work world?
In reply to Brent Lee

Re: Work Place Connection

by Emma Duke-Williams -
I'm not sure I can answer that, however, I wonder if a better pair of questions might be:

Can we build a universal environment maintaining connection and credibility between the learning environment in colleges and universities and that of the work world?

AND

How does the iPad compare to other tools in terms of appropriateness etc, for the delivery of this?

My gut feeling is that the hard part of the question to answer is the first one - if we've identified a universal environment where connection & credibility can be maintained, then - what's the best way to interact with it. (and, I'm guessing that the ideal would be a system that works with a range of hardware so that students can use the hardware they like best/they can afford/their work place supplies/ etc.
In reply to Brent Lee

Re: Work Place Connection

by Heather Ross -
I don't think that this can be done simply because there is no such think as a universal environment in the world place. I work at a technical college. Our students go on to be graphic artists, nurses, carpenters, commercial pilots, chefs, and a host of other occupations.

Even if we're talking about office work, there is still a variety of work environments. Working at Google is not the same as working at an insurance company, for example.

Once size won't fit all.