This experience was a good reminder of a few things.
- You ALWAYS need to allow time to play and troubleshoot when you get a group of people together in an online conference. Plan a time when people can drop in to get coached on the
- It's good practice to document the minimum technical requirements, as well as the recommended requirements.
- A moderator is a very important role. (Thanks Martin!)
- Having someone to call for technical support is a real bonus! (Thanks Joshua!)
- Setting up a text chat is a good way to stay connected with those who don't have audio or are having other technical difficulties.
- People can feel uneasy about downloading applications. It's important to provide information about the process.
- When you have a high definition video conference with participants who have adequate bandwidth and good quality audio & video it is an AMAZING experience!