Pro-D Collaboratory Wiki - Harvesting our Contributions

Pro-D Collaboratory Wiki - Harvesting our Contributions

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 5
You may have noticed a link in the seminar description to the wiki we have set up for this discussion. I started by sketching out some categories and this morning I spent a bit of time harvesting your comments so far:
  • How do we find out about Pro-D opportunities?
  • How do we manage the information?
  • Exemplary Pro-D websites
  • Guiding principles
  • Essential elements
There is and always will be a great deal missing from a wiki summary, so please jump in and add to it! Feel free to change and create new topic headings as well.

This ongoing summary will be really useful to inform the user and technical requirements for the project.

In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Pro-D Collaboratory Wiki - Harvesting our Contributions

by Paul Beaufait -
Thank you, Sylvia, for bringing the wiki to our attention. I jumped right in.

On the way back out, I noticed that the return link to the seminar in the header on the wiki page was not working, because "mod/" is repeated in the URL:

http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/mod/mod/forum/view.php?id=1165
In reply to Paul Beaufait

by Sylvia Currie -
Thank you for spotting that extra /mod in the link on the wiki, Paul! Not sure how these things happen but it's fixed now.

Also, just a quick note about the wiki. I noticed in her post yesterday to launch week 2 of our seminar Nancy gave me credit for the definition of a professional development collaboratory. I was already in bed when that was written and thought WOW that's really good work for a sleep-walker! I see it was Paul's good work. approve

by Paul Beaufait -
Thanks, Sylvia!

By the way, since RSS feeds are available for SCoPE learning forums, I've begun wondering whether similar feeds are available for SCoPE wikis, too.

I've tried auto-discovery on the current harvesting wiki:

http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/mod/wiki/view.php?id=1175

However, I got an RSS feed for MicroSCoPE instead:

http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/rss/file.php/1/2/forum/5/rss.xml

Can you help me get beyond that to wiki feeds?

Cheers, Paul

In reply to Paul Beaufait

by Sylvia Currie -
Paul, unfortunately there's no RSS functionality for Moodle wikis. I checked the discussions at Moodle.org and read that it's in the works for a future release. The wiki tool is fairly limited, but has the advantage of only having to log in to one site to participate in discussions and to update the wiki.

Sylvia

by Paul Beaufait -
Thank you, Sylvia, for reminding me where to look for answers to questions about Moodle powers, and for beating me to it. It's nice to know that RSS functionality is in the works.

On a more conceptual note, your harvesting metaphor has tweaked my noodle for the past few days, but reading about and seeing the season-related re-fashioning of Heather Ross's blog (McToonish, 2008.08.26) refreshed memories of your geophysical locations. Nonetheless, I'll keep thinking about wiki updates in SCoPE as much like planting ideas for a second crop as like putting seeds in a root cellar to preserve them for the next growing season.