Thank you!

Thank you!

by Catherine Paul -
Number of replies: 1
Hello everyone,

As our two weeks draw to a close I find myself wishing we had more time to follow up on the different projects we've heard about. We've had a chance to discuss the value of ePortfolios, the tools we've experimented with and the challenges we face in taking the time to encourage, evaluate and model reflection. It's been a fascinating session to facilitate.

Thank you to Sylvia for getting us going with all of this and being available for questions and guidance. Deb, thank you for facilitating our web conference!

Roselynn and I have been so impressed by the quality and richness of all the postings. Thank you for being part of this seminar and taking time to share how you're using ePortfolios.

We look forward to seeing you all at other SCoPE events and hopefully staying in touch as we explore how to effectively use ePortfolios in our teaching and learning.

All the very best,
Catherine and Roselynn
In reply to Catherine Paul

Re: Thank you!

by Sylvia Currie -
Thank you Catherine and Roselynn for volunteering your time to facilitate such an interesting seminar, and Deb for moderating our web conference! It would be interesting to follow up later to find out where we have all taken our eportfolio ideas, and what tools we have chosen to support them. And thanks everyone for your contributions. As Roselynn mentioned they have been very rich!

We've been gradually pulling tidbits into the ePortfolio seminar wiki, and bookmarking in our SCoPE Diigo group (tag: 'eportfolios', or as Paul said...why the 'e'? so we've been using 'portfolios' too smile) We can continue to build that wiki together. Also Derek asked:
"I may ponder my perennial question: what now? What happens if I encounter a thought or a question sometime in the future on the eportfolio question? Do I ever come back here and post?"
By all means you can continue to post here! When a seminar closed we shift into a phase of "afterthoughts" -- sort of an unmoderated continuation of a seminar.

Our next seminar begins tomorrow! Nicholas Bowskill will introduce us to the research and development work on the Shared Thinking project through University of Glasgow. Fascinating work! Hope to see you there.
http://scope.bccampus.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=8341