Video: Plagiarism

Re: Video: Plagiarism -- our questions

by emma bourassa -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Gina,

This is really what the motivation for producing the films was all about- to encourage us to question the lens from which we decide how our educational practice looks from others' views. And to question/wonder whether we can sustain the current culture of academic 'integrity' in our institutions. Can we learn from other cultures? What keeps us from considering or adopting other views?

Bennett's work, we have found, has been useful in providing a springboard for reflecting on where one is on the intercultural sensitivity continuum. Kyra and I have also administered the IDI (Intercultural Development Inventory) to about 40 faculty, staff and students at TRU (the cohort we worked with for Internationalizing Curriculum was an interesting start- although there is momentum to internationalizse, the 'readiness' to do this beyond adding on was not necessarily a given. I've since learned that the IDI and 3 day workshops were transfomative for some) . In my own case, it provided a 'starting' place that I could then identify what I needed to do to increase cultural awareness and begin my own shifts. It's exciting to know that you are using Bennett as well.

I'd like to invite others to respond or build on to any of the questions from the first session that Sylvia has provided, or let us know how you are taking in the other videos. As well, the student video may provide some insights- Sylvia where is that piece?

emma