This is the first of 10 weekly updates, which will keep the SFU community informed of developments. Events in the past couple of months include:
- The decision to migrate from WebCT Campus Edition 4.1 to 6 was made, and planning has started.
- A test version of CE6 was set up on a Lotus server, and some of the early adopters and support personnel experimented with the functionality.
- On Jan. 18, the WebCT administrators announced the launch of a pilot CE6 server, accessible to everyone at SFU: http://webctpilot.sfu.ca . The experimental courses on Lotus were moved over (or discarded if no longer needed). Any SFU faculty member can ask for a container to build a course, effective immediately.
- A working group representing WebCT Admin staff, ACS, LIDC and CODE are meeting weekly to address migration issues.
- A Co-ordinating committee of units that have special needs, e.g. GDBA, MoT, Co-op, Library, CODE met with ACS and LIDC staff to address consistency across SFU.
- Training sessions are being co-ordinated by LIDC and announcements will be made about the first offerings in March.