Shaping Our Future - online conference at SCoPE

Shaping Our Future - online conference at SCoPE

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 0
Hi everyone,
I just posted this invitation in the Februrary 2008 Teaching and Learning Centres seminar discussion to draw attention to an online conference that is underway at SCoPE:
Shaping our Future:Toward a Pan-Canadian E-learning Research Agenda

I thought I should post it here as well to make sure I don't miss anyone!

In this 3-week conference we spent the first week reviewing the history and background of national research agendas in Canada and internationally, and got an excellent start on articulating our next steps based on past experiences.

This week we have a series of well-known Canadian researchers and administrators presenting and discussing issues relevant to developing an active research agenda.

During the final week we will be working together in a Wiki to overview components, methodologies, important research questions, and next steps toward creating a pan-Canadian research agenda.

In discussing possible stakeholders in this initiative delegates felt we would benefit from a higher level of participation from leaders of teaching and learning centres. So I hope you'll find some time to participate in our live sessions this week and to join us in the asynchronous discussions. We have 220 participants and many excellent topics to dive into.

The remaining live sessions for this week are:
May 21
Tom Carey - Professor of Management Sciences, University of Waterloo and Visiting Senior Scholar, California State University
Practicing What We Preach - Research into E-Learning Tools for Faculty Learning and Knowledge Mobilization

May 22
Gilbert Paquette - Canada Research Chair in Tele-learning Cognitive Engineering
The Case for an e-Learning Research and Innovation Strategy

May 23
George Siemens - Associate Director, Research and Development with the Learning Technologies Centre at University of Manitoba.
Heather Kanuka - Academic Director, University Teaching Services, University of Alberta

All sessions take place at 16:00 GMT (9:00 am PDT) in this Elluminate room.

I hope to see you in the Shaping Our Future conference! (No fees, come and go as your time permits)