Is a baseline needed

Re: Is a baseline needed

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Peter,
Great to read your postings and hear your perspectives.

I am just at an edge of a vision -- seeing how important taking "action" can be at Pan Canadian and international e-learning platforms within various applied health fields. For example, I can see how some mobile phones/laptops/LMS could assist with mediated health applications in many countries. Health psychology, "health and arts in medicine", and Health training over e-learning platforms will assist communication.

I'm using e-learning broadly and in an inclusive way to mean distance education, enhanced learning possibilities through technology, and systems that interface interdisciplinary functional and educational organizations.

I'm curious that students I am teaching or meeting at conferences, are very interesting in the potentials of increasing connections and knowings through organized e-learning -- distance education, online conferences (such as this one) and continuing education courses. Even in Dance/Movement therapy people have just started to see the potential and relevance.

I hope the opportunities to network about e-learning continue to expand in a purposeful way -- as I see in this conference. Actions that have many people giving feedback quickly, can help with corrective factors that could assist change. Empirical studies from the field(s) could stimulate relevant and more immediate information about implications of actions. Through e-learning -- speed can increase. Web 2.0 assists networking with people of similar interests and opens to critical responses from those who might disagree. Research that can be taken from applied actions and assist change and possibly allow for fields to develop that have been held back. E-learning has great potential

Jo Ann