A social media enigma from David Millar and E.A. Draffan: help needed

A social media enigma from David Millar and E.A. Draffan: help needed

by Inge Ignatia de Waard -
Number of replies: 1
During yesterdays online session another question was raised: how do we evaluate social media apps?

E.A. Draffan put it like this (pasting from the session follow-up):
" Here is the collection I am putting together - we are calling the site Webel (Web 2.0 for e-learning) and trying to work out a way of evaluating the technologies for ease of access. I have not really started work on it all, as I am still trying to make a satisfactory matrix that allows me to check keyboard access, screen reading, text to speech, user preferences, system options etc for both input/uploading and also downloading and enjoying the content developed by others. Any ideas would be so welcome! Thank you for the on-line session. Best wishes E.A. "

while E.A. was talking yesterday she was wondering if only input/uploading of material is the only thing to look at while using social media? Cameron Naylon mentioned that networking might be a considerable factor to take into account. What do you think? How would you evaluate social media apps?

In reply to Inge Ignatia de Waard

Re: An social media enigma from David Millar and E.A. Draffan: help needed

by Inge Ignatia de Waard -

In addition to the above, David Millar send an excel file that he started using in the beginning of last year. The idea came up (during yesterday’s online session) that it might be nice to start from this and other documents to build a matrix on. Here is David's excel file: EEwebsites_davidMillar

Recently I got hold of this wiki-matrix which compares wiki's really nicely.

I also found a matrix which focuses on CMS's.

Who knows of other social media apps matrixes that might help?