Discussion about the E-learning in developing countries

Discussion about the E-learning in developing countries

by Nalin Abeysekera -
Number of replies: 1

It is great to have this kind of conference. If can focus on e-learning in developing countries also (progress ,issues, developments ,benchmarks etc)then I think it will add value to the conference...This is only a small suggestion.

In reply to Nalin Abeysekera

Re: Discussion about the E-learning in developing countries

by Sylvia Currie -
Nalin, welcome to the SOF2008 conference and thank you so much for your suggestion. It's not a small suggestion; it's a very BIG and important one!

Others may have more to add here, but I want to jump in quickly to point out that anyone involved in research and learning technologies will find ways to contribute to and benefit from this online conference. Also, while our focus is on an e-learning research agenda for Canada, there is so much to learn from similar initiatives and needs in other countries. So I encourage you to bring your topics and ideas forward to the discussions here.

For everyone dropping in I want to point you to a seminar discussion, eLearning in Developing Countries, facilitated by Nalin Abeysekera and Nellie Deutch in October, 2007. The archives are available here:
http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=722. There were some very important issues raised during that seminar.

Thanks, Nalin. We look forward to learning from you in the weeks ahead!