All presentations are scheduled for 9:00 am PDT, 11:00 CDT, 16:00 GMT.
Terry Anderson - Canada Research Chair in Distance Education
Gráinne Conole - Chair, Institute of Educational Technology, The Open University
John Biss - Assistant Director, Strategic Initiatives & Knowledge Exchange, Canadian Council on Learning
Erin Mills - Senior Researcher, Canadian Council on Learning
Tom Carey - Professor of Management Sciences, University of Waterloo and Visiting Senior Scholar, California State University
Gilbert Paquette - Canada Research Chair in Tele-learning Cognitive Engineering
George Siemens - Associate Director, Research and Development, Learning Technologies Centre, University of Manitoba.
Heather Kanuka - Academic Director, University Teaching Services, University of Alberta
During the conference we will be sending updates to draw your attention to the daily schedule and highlights. For now there are a few things you can do in preparation:
- Come on in and introduce yourself in the conference Gathering Place
- Help spread the word! Forward this message to your colleagues, distribute the flyer, post to your blog...
- Update your profile by clicking on your name anywhere you see it in SCoPE - add a brief bio or point to your website
- Read the background reading for Week 1
- Participate in a SCoPE seminar discussion on a related topic that just started today: Social Media - Benefits for Researchers facilitated by Ignatia de Waard.
Be sure to add the conference tag SOF2008 (twitter #SOF2008) if you blog or add social bookmarks related to the conference.
Access information to the Elluminate sessions will be available at the end of the week. The conference discussions and live session recordings are public.