Winding up.

Winding up.

by Emma Duke-Williams -
Number of replies: 10

SCoPE - Winding up.

Thanks to everyone for participating - sharing tools, and ideas, and, most importantly playing in the waves.

Early next week, I intend to try to collate useful posts / URLs / etc to a single document.

So, what do you want to see in that document? I've started a wave ... but for those that prefer Moodle - use this forum ... and I'll try to combine.

(Unless, of course, you'd rather do a wiki - in which case - start and share .. but guess we need to limit ourselves a little - or the information's going to be even more thinly distributed!)

In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

Re: Winding up.

by Colby Stuart -
Emma

...before you go, here is link to The Complete Guide to Google Wave http://completewaveguide.com

...and many thanks.

Re: Winding up. [+ avenues/opportunities for collaboration]

by Paul Beaufait -

Emma Duke-Williams wrote:

... I intend to try to collate useful posts / URLs / etc to a single document.

So, what do you want to see in that document? (19 March 2010, 07:58 AM)

Thanks for doing this whole seminar, Emma, and thanks for asking what we'd like to see in a summation.

If there's one thing I'd like to see in that, it would be a synopsis of emerging or recurring visions of avenues and opportunities for collaboration.

Oops, that's four, isn't it;-)?

Cheers, Paul

by E.A. Draffan -
Thank you so much Emma and I am just so sorry I have not been able to contribute as much as I wanted. It has been such a busy time and going on holiday did not help! I will try to get an accessibility check on Google Wave onto Web2Access as soon as possible and if possible also add other Web 2.0 services that were mentioned that we have not looked at. This really has been an interesting discussion.

by Emma Duke-Williams -
I've been rather busy these last few weeks, but still intend to summarise at some point.
In the interim, I've used a combination of an export to Google Docs tool & Wordle to create Wordles of the discussions we've had in wave. They're in the relevant waves, or you can see them all at Picasa

I've asked Sylvia if there's a similar tool to allow me to dump complete discussions from Moodle into a document that I can then dump to Wordle.

Edited to add:
I've just tried with the RSS feed for the whole of this discussion, but I think that it's only showing the most recent x posts.

Summarizing our seminar

by Sylvia Currie -
Rather than get all wordy Emma and I thought we would get visual for this seminar summary.

I grabbed a few of the Wordle images Emma posted at Picasa and posted them in a summary wiki. I also added a few links to Many Eyes visualizations of our discussion.

I thanked Emma personally but I'd like to also to thank her publicly for facilitating the Tools for Collaborating Online seminar. Thanks Emma! approve And thanks everyone for your participation! We appreciate all the time and energy everyone invested in making sense of the tools in order to talk about them.

(This might be a little confusing because a different Emma is facilitating the current seminar on Culturally Diverse Learners! See you there!)
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Summarizing our seminar

by Emma Duke-Williams -
Cool! I like the ManyEyes ones - are they from the Moodle discussions, rather than the wave ones?

by Emma Duke-Williams -
I've just seen that Google Wave now have a number of 'templates' for waves. Not sure that they're *that* good - mostly they seem to be a few useful tips; however, they may well have potential (thinking about the scaffolding in Knowledge Forum...)

I've also got a student who's doing a summer project looking at Google wave & learning & will be building something.
If anyone's interested in providing some ideas etc. email me ( Emma.Duke-Williams@port.ac.uk )

by Emma Duke-Williams -
I've just seen that Google Wave now have a number of 'templates' for waves. Not sure that they're *that* good - mostly they seem to be a few useful tips; however, they may well have potential (thinking about the scaffolding in Knowledge Forum...)

I've also got a student who's doing a summer project looking at Google wave & learning & will be building something.
If anyone's interested in providing some ideas etc. email me ( Emma.Duke-Williams@port.ac.uk )

Attachment newwave.png

Re: Winding up

by Sylvia Currie -
Thanks for the update on the new wave templates, Emma. Seems like a step in the right direction for sure!

Thought I'd also pop in to share that the Many Eyes "What is collaboration, according to SCoPE members" visualisation is featured on the ManyEyes website today! approve
Attachment manyeyesfeatureMay7-10.png