Introduction and some personal facts

Introduction and some personal facts

by Inge Ignatia de Waard -
Number of replies: 1
Dear participants,

Thank you for joining this 10 day seminar. I am looking forward to our interaction and discussions.

If you want to know more about my professional occupation, you can visit my weblog or linkedIn.

My personal interests are contemporary art (I lived with an artist for a long time and it rubbed of on me) with David Hockney, Cindy Sherman, Michaël Borremans and Jenny Holzer.
And I write stories and scenarios (the latter for comic books) in Dutch. Flemish is my mother tongue, which accounts for strange English sentences on English spoken/written forums from time to time.
I also walk... a lot, really, no kidding; I love to walk for hours.

Looking forward to learning more about you all!

In reply to Inge Ignatia de Waard

Re: Introduction and some personal facts

by Deirdre Bonnycastle -

I grew up with computers since my father worked at NORAD defense headquarters, only in those days they filled a room. I learned to punch keycards my first year at university. I've been using computers in my classroom since 1980 when I bought an Apple  to encourage my students with learning disabilities to produce legible resumes. I was lucky to work for a post secondary institute that encouraged networking when the first listserves appeared. I jumped into Web2.0 as soon as the word started bubbling into the mainstream. Truth is I feel like a digital native, although I'm way too old for that label. wink 

Currently, I am working at the University of Saskatchewan in the College of Medicine where I hope to improve the teaching skills of faculty.