Tools!

Re: Tools!

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 0
Dear Nick,
Thanks for giving the sense of "breath" to the discussion. I find myself swirling about what constitutes "helpful" or "successful" in terms of collaboration.
I sense that there have to be "difficult or challenging" times when people collaborate. I'm certainly not thinking that every effort needs "conscious" collaboration -- mandated by a course's parameters.

I found myself collaborating a lot in the past ten years -- and wondering at times why I was okay with often seemingly giving a lot without a "fair or immediately equal exchange". I realize that I always get more good karma, and that I am so rich in so many ways -- and that I think I'm very bless by the collaborative efforts that I and others have made. I even feel like some of my rewards include friendships that I might have never formed outside of these exchanges, and yet these friends offered much more than I could have imagined.

Perhaps I'm left wondering how one knows "failed collaboration" or whether the individual efforts would not "come forth" anyways -- even if later -- after the collaboration experience.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and experience. Jo Ann