Getting Ready for WebCT Campus Edition 6.0 (CE6)

Getting Ready for WebCT Campus Edition 6.0 (CE6)

by Elizabeth Wallace -
Number of replies: 1

We are about to launch the Spring 2006 semester at SFU using WebCT Version 4.1 but as soon as we're underway, we'll need to start planning the summer roll-out of Version 6.0.

There will need to be training sessions for instructors and TAs, and this is the time to ask everyone involved to let us know what kind of workshops you would like to attend. Use of tools, such as the combined Chat and Whiteboard Tool? How to write web content that works?  Seminars on the methodology behind assessment, and how the WebCT tools support various philosophies?

You are invited to post messages here that will help us with the planning. Input from colleagues in other institutions who are rolling out CE6 are very welcome.

In reply to Elizabeth Wallace

New and Improved CE6 Features and Tools

by Elizabeth Wallace -
At a recent meeting of instructors in SFU's GDBA program (Graduate Diploma in Business Administration) I circulated a print copy of the attached file. It's just a quick 2-page overview of some of the changes in Campus Edition 6.0. Since SFU is migrating from Version 4.1, I hope this summary is useful.  If anyone else (within SFU or beyond) has comments, ideas or notes to share, I hope you will add to this forum.