Thanks and good luck on your research!

Thanks and good luck on your research!

by Janet Salmons -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone,

We have come to the end of our seminar. I will still post the link to the Vidyo Corocall demo and discussion of videoconferencing in interviews. I think you'll be interested to see this presentation- it is an interesting tool, and the ideas about designing and planning for videoconferenced interviews would apply regardless of the tool you choose.

I have enjoyed this seminar and appreciate your thoughtful and thought-provoking comments. I hope it has been useful-- whether you participated or were a lurker/listener.

I am continuing my virtual book tour, if you are interested: next Friday the 5th I will be presenting at Nellie's "Integrating Technology for Active Life-long Learning (IT4ALL) " conference-- see http://www.integrating-technology.com/course/view.php?id=139 . Then, as posted, I have two presentations in Second Life about interviews in that environment. I am doing two live presentations at the Chicago EDUCAUSE conference and at the Qualitative Research in Managemenet conference in Albuquerque. I'll post other opportunities on Twitter and my website (/einterview and www.vision2lead.com). Keep in touch: you can contact me at einterview@vision2lead.com.

All the best,

Janet

PS If you have any really nice things to say about the book, you can send comments to Stephanie Adams at Sage [Stephanie.Adams@sagepub.com] and/or post comments on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Online-Interviews-Real-Janet-Salmons/dp/141296895X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264871646&sr=8-1). Thanks wink

In reply to Janet Salmons

Re: Thanks and good luck on your research!

by Jeffrey Keefer -
Janet-

This was a wonderful SCoPE session, and I am sorry it went so quickly. I enjoyed getting into your new text, and am glad I have it as another resource in this developing and constantly changing area.

I look forward to seeing you online again, and do let us know if you begin a blog or another vehicle with an RSS feed!

Thank you.

Jeffrey

Thank you!

by Sylvia Currie -
Thank you so much Janet for all the thought and energy you devoted to this seminar. Aside from a fascinating topic I've really enjoyed watching your facilitation style. We don't want you to go away! smile What a bonus that we can continue to participate in your book tour!

And thanks everyone for your great contributions over the past 2 weeks. It seems the discussion was timely for many of you, and for others was a cause for reflection on what could have been (See Bronwyn Hegarty's blog post).

It was great to have an opportunity to explore two types of synchronous technologies in the context of conducing online interviews: 1. Multi-channel and 2) videoconference. I'd like to give a BIG thanks to Martin Harvey and Joshua Sherman from Coroware for hosting and supporting the Vidyo session.

Our next seminar begins February 10, 2010. Pimp your post: Jazzing up introductory posts in online courses will be a combined synchronous and asynchronous event to explore ways to go beyond plain text (and why).

Hope to see you all there!

Sylvia Currie
SCoPE Coordinator

Re: Thanks and good luck on your research!

by Deleted user -
Janet,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful seminar. Although I had problems logging into the Vidyo session (the one at 19:00 GMT) I look forward to posting the link to the recorded version soon.

Thanks to all the group members.

Ahmad