Thankyou all for your participation

Thankyou all for your participation

by Tia Carr Williams -
Number of replies: 6

How quickly did that three weeks go! It never ceases to amaze me how fast the sessions pass. Everyone has contributed very eloquently and Ive really enjoyed the Elluminate sessions.

I will post a couple of final links. I particularly liked this one as it adresses several of the issues that were concerns for us in this topic:

http://www.bewebaware.ca/english/CyberBullying.aspx

More in the morning for a final round up of comments.

In reply to Tia Carr Williams

Re: Thankyou all for your participation

by Therese Weel -
I enjoyed the session immensely. Good to have so many people participating - it was a real group effort. I'm still in awe of those terrific presentations by Jason Toal and Brian Lamb. - Missed Brian's due to technical issues - someone else's - I'm so glad I was able to view the recording. I'll be watching them again - they were interesting and well done.

Quiet in here, no doubt my fellow BC'ers are out enjoying a big snow fall that will melt by Monday morning - we hope!

T

by Jeffrey Keefer -

Wow, this went fast. As I have mentioned elsewhere, there was so much rich information that I have found this hard to keep up with all of it. Perhaps in itself this is a wonderful microcism of our fields themselves . . . there is so much out there for us to process! I am very happy that the experiences here on SCoPE remain available after the sessions end, so those of us who are still processing this experience can continue to do so.

Thank you for those of you who spent time facilitating and sharing with us over the past few weeks.

by Deirdre Bonnycastle -
Thank you all, it was as usual quite wonderful.

For people who aren't familiar with this, the second edition of the Active Learning Blog Carnival is up at http://activelearningcarnival.blogspot.com/ I received 38 submissions and accepted 24. Content is organized under the following headings:

• Debate of the Month

• Recent Articles

• K-8 Examples of Active Learning

• High School Examples of Active Learning

• Interactive Examples of Professional Development for Teachers
    • including SCoPE

• Student Bloggers

• Tools

by Sylvia Currie -
I got several starts on a post to thank everyone who participated in this Social Media in Education seminar then a new interesting tidbit would roll in! So here I am with a HUGE thank you, but I want to encourage everyone to continue to post afterthoughts. And as Jeffery asks:
From Re: TAGS, a librarians worst nightmare. (or are they?) by jeffkeefer on Tue Dec 4 09:50:00 2007:

Do I smell more of of a discussion on this topic in the future, or perhaps a research project of some sort?

This topic obviously deserves further attention! We definitely need to plan a follow up seminar. (also testing smartcopy here!)

So many people took time out from their busy days to make this Social Media in Education seminar happen. Thank you thank you thank you Tia, Therese, Ian, Paul, Sandy, Jason, Brian, and Truls. What a great bunch to work with! And thanks everyone for your amazing contributions. approve

As you know, we have a number of resources associated with this seminar -- wiki, Elluminate archives, bookmarks, etc. If you click on the main seminar link you'll see the list: http://scope.lidc.sfu.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=668
(Emma, that's where the 688 comes from in the del.cio.us tag scope668)

Our next seminar begins today! See you in Collaborate Online with Janet Salmons.

Sylvia Currie
SCoPE Community Coordinator

In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Jeffrey Keefer -

For a F2F continuation of this, does anybody in this (now concluded) seminar plan to attend Northern Voice in Vancouver in February? When I attended it for the first time last year, I met some of my virtual colleagues for the first time. While I live in New York, I know a lot of the attendees here are from Canada.

I am hoping to submit 2 discussion topics around some of the work that has also been discussed here, and would like to meet others from our session if anybody else thinks they may be able to attend.

In reply to Jeffrey Keefer

by Therese Weel -
cool thanks Jeffrey

Excellent opportunity for a meetup

Northern Voice is a two-day, non-profit personal blogging and social media conference that's being held at the Forestry Sciences Centre, 2424 Main Mall, UBC main campus, Vancouver, Canada on February 22-23, 2008. This is the 4th annual incarnation of this event, see the 2005, 2006 and 2007 websites for previous information.