Royal Roads University has an immediate opening for an Instructional Designer, so please forward this email to anyone you know who is interested in and qualified for this kind of work. Here is a short summary of the position below. For more information, please contact Elizabeth Wellburn directly at (250) 391-2600, ext. 4234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the manager of the Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies, the instructional designer leads the course development process and ensures the quality of e-learning materials provided by Royal Roads University. The instructional designer is the project manager working in a team environment with faculty and staff to design, develop and deliver all components of online courses. The instructional designer is responsible for training instructors in the effective technical and pedagogical use of the online learning environment. Instructional designers are expected to liaise with and advise academic and business units with respect to e-learning.
This is a temporary position, however, it’s highly likely that a more permanent instructional designer position will be posted before the temporary one ends.
Required Qualifications/Competencies (education, skills and abilities)
- Graduate degree in educational psychology, educational technology, distance education or a related field.
- Minimum five years experience in designing and delivering online courses preferably in a post-secondary environment
- Experience working on teams with technical professionals and faculty
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
Doug . . .