Questions ~

Re: Questions ~

by Ian MacLeod -
Number of replies: 0
Really good points Janet - I find that as I spend more and more of my time online interacting with people (well I think they are people :-)) online I am focussing more on what they say than what they have to say than what or eho they are - it's like a lot of the "social static" is gone and their transmission is clearer.

This I think has implications or me as an educator as I move away from my traditional classroom roles to more of a blended and online universe - I will have learners who could potentially do most or all of a diploma programme (I'm an academic chair at Nova Scotia Community College in Halifax) online and all I will "know" about them is what they will write. Thing is in my mind at least, based on all of the time I spend online in places like SCoPE, Second Life, and other forums and lists is that is OK for me - as I said - in many ways find it easier to communicate online than face to face. Thing is I have to get faculty to that point - why I think this seminar is so important and timely as we move into a new paradigm of delivery - the future of education for me is blended and online - an environment that is collaborative, engaging, mobile, and open and meets learners literally where they are...