Posts made by Dilip Barad

Dear Glenn Groulx,
Thanks for initiating a very useful discussion on blogs. Here are my responses: (For those who have had experience as a blogger, here are my responses):

What are a couple main reasons for why you blog?
Dilip: To share, to network, to teach. Well, I am able to share and network successfully but still 'teaching' is on experiment base with little outcome.
What roles does the blog play?
Dilip: Blogs play very important role in self expression. It helps a lot in self-learning. Blogs in teaching are very useful in tasks like assignment submission, commenting on peer-blogs, teacher-comment etc.
What other bloggers do you follow? Why?
Dilip: I follow blogs of my students so tby hat I get updates regarding their submission of assignments and comments by other classmates. I follow blogs of educationist - to learn innovative ways of teaching methodologies shared by them on thier blog.
What is your preferred style of writing?
Dilip: I dont understand this question. Yet let me try from what I understood. I prefer to blog in blended way - i.e. text and image posted together. At times, I also publish PPT presentations... at times, links are shared.
How frequently do you post?
Dilip: For self-expression: Once in a month. For teaching and learning - almost daily some activities are done on blog.
Has your blogging changed over time?
Dilip: Yes... initially, it was just time pass and to try out something new. Now, it has become more serious and meaningful.
Dear Michael,
You have made excellent use of wordpress for ePortfolio. Its wonderful idea. I am planning to work on wikieducator or google groups for students' eortfolio.
I have prepared my portfolio on http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Dilipbarad
regards,
Dilip Barad
Bhavnagar University
India
I have never used any web tools for preparing ePortfolio in formal way. I have experimented with eGroups. I found Yahoo groups also very good for student's ePortfolio. I am planning to use Moodle and Wikieducator for this from next academic year. Has anybody ever used wikieducator or moodle for ePortfolios? I would be happy to read what has been done in this field with these web tools.

Dilip Barad
India
Dear Facilitator,
I use Microsoft Outlook express for emailing. I do not why but the messages from SCOPE: Seminars take very long time to display and it hangs my mail client for a few mins. I cannot scroll down or move away from this mail. Why does it happen so?
Any clues to solve it?
Dilip Barad
India
Is there any discussion forum or webinar where we can participate to learn ' how to create templates for Wikieducator?
I have prepared several pages on Literary criticism on wikieducator. They are linked form my user page (www.wikieducator.org/User:Dilipbarad)
But i want some template where in all pages on similar topic can be easily accessed by students and teachers.
I have also given links to my moodle site (www.dilipbarad.com/tell) from wikiedu pages. But i am not satisfied with it. It still is not easy to access. So i am in search of some such template which help me in it.
Thanks and regards.
Dilip Barad