Posts made by E.A. Draffan

Just to say thank you so much for all these resources and I am so sorry I am having to lurk at the moment with so much going on but I am hoping to get into catch up mode soon.  I have just downloaded John Latham's book which looks really helpful and interesting - one to definitely pass on to students.  

Just dipping in really quickly, but I think support from Mentors with different expertise and skills, working on different strategies sounds ideal when you think of disabled students who may need to access materials in different ways and find not everything is available to suit their mode of learning e.g. auditory versus visual etc. 

When using Wordpress I just get a plain form without the additional menu buttons, but my recent update seems to be causing connection problems! I hope I can sort it out this week as our team blogs are all on Wordpress and it is one of the most accessible with a screen reader. iTunes Wordpress app comments have not been great recently. I have not tried TypePad but maybe that is another option, although once again the ratings were not great in the iTunes app store! Thank you Jeff, for the list of useful pointers on a previous post.
The problem is that there are well over 100.000 apps around, but there are sites that have reviewed many of them such as TechRadar. I really want to review more when I get a chance but so far here is the list I have found useful on my iPhone and they seem to work on an iPad.

Google search with voice, Dragon speech recognition, Evernote, various map programs for getting around. iBooks, Tweetdeck, BBC News, iMLite, Dropbox, Skype, Billings for expenses, Wordpress.