Posts made by Therese Weel

Welcome to week 3 of the Using Social Media in Education session presented by SCoPE and BC Campus.

For those of you who were busy with the holiday festivities in the US, here is a summary of the highlights from last week.

Last Week

• Sandy Hirtz presented the group with an opportunity to participate in the Collaborative Book Project - and provided an online information session on Thursday. If you have a contribution, especially on the subject of social media, contact Sandy, she can give you more information on how to participate.

This Week

This week our discussions will focus on implementation and innovation when using social media in education. A live elluminate session with Brian Lamb will take place on Thursday.

Week 3 Theme: Implementation & Innovation
(Starting Monday Nov 26 - Wrapup Sunday Dec 2)
  • issues around use of social media in formal education
  • Privacy, ethics, administration
  • Patriot Act US hosting concerns
  • Innovations that resolve the above issues
  • Emerging trends and the future

Featuring a live presentation with Brian Lamb

Brian Lamb | Exploration, Implementation, and Innovation

• Thurs November 29 10:00 AM Vancouver time (see world clock)
    Join Brian Lamb, Manager, Emerging Technologies and Digital Content with the Office of Learning Technology at University of British Columbia for this live session to SEE what the possibilities for using social media in education.
This session forms part of the 3-week Social Media in Education seminar organized in collaboration with BCcampus Online Communities.
----------------

Thanks Jason for that illuminating and well paced session this afternoon.

I learned things I didn't know about tagging and folksonomies.

No tuition fees, pre-requisites, room bookings or dreary bus trips required.

Your choice of ale gladly provided at my expense.

Thanks!

Carolyn,

I LOVE your bookmarks.

http://del.icio.us/randommind

I was following your random mind bookmarks before I knew who they belonged to. You have a good eye and a knack for finding what is new and interesting online. Kudos to you.

We are tagging our bookmarks with Scope668

http://del.icio.us/tag/scope668

T