Posts made by Lorraine Mockford

Hello all;
Greetings from the East Coast of Canada where winter is refusing to release its grip, even on an Easter weekend.  

I am very interested in this topic, my colleagues and I have been exploring assessment ideas at our college (Nova Scotia Community College).  My questions of late have been to do with evaluation of informal learning, and like the earlier respondent from the West Coast, I am also involved with recognition of prior learning.

Thanks so much for offering this topic.
Lorraine

Lorraine Storry Mockford
HEHS Alternate Delivery Coordinator
Nova Scotia Community College

Hello everyone;

I am an alternate delivery coordinator with the Nova Scotia Community College, working primarily with the School of Health and Human Services.

More and more I engage in PD through social networking, and as someone said earlier I find the major learning at conferences is in the 'in-between times'.  I recently completed a course in Second Life, and found the emmersive experience really suited my learning style, but more importantly my social network has increased tremendously and thus the potential for learning.  I found out about this SCoPE seminar through a Twitter posting.

My colleagues call me viral... How could I resist this?

Lorraine