Posts made by Richard Schwier

Ohhhh... I just picked up Kelly's book too, and I loved the first chapter.  Now I'm really looking forward to it.  But I bought the Kindle version, so we can compare.  And I'm one of those folks who loves the Kindle.  In fact, I think I'm recognizing a trend in my preferences: I love devices that are dedicated to one thing.  Toasters toast, books present text and images, bicycles are for riding.  In the same way, the Kindle feels like a book to me because it is the only thing I use it for.  I know it does more, but not for me.  And I kind of like reading in black and white only (or 11% gray, or whatever it is), but then, I thought the world was coming to an end when Macintosh introduced a colour machine.

Yes, I'm suspicious of anything proprietary to begin with, although I used a Pages template to format a bunch of my book.  The Apple approach appears to be an extension of their approach to approving Apps and selling them in the App Store.  Do you know, can you use their development template/software without selling the item in their store?  

Hi there.  It's going to be an exciting couple of weeks!  Thanks, Sylvia, for inviting me back, and thanks to Scott Leslie for having my back! Hida and Diana will be frequent participants here too, and they are going to be contributing a great deal to what comes out of this conversation.

I've put together

for you that explains what we are up to and what may happen in the next two weeks.  I hope you'll take the time to have a look at it -- it's only 5 minutes long.

So thanks for being here, and I'll enjoy spending time with you between now and Valentine's Day!