Posts made by Deb Carter

Hi, Terrie:

What a great choice of eReader - Kobo eReaders were chosen as #1 Editor's Pick by Wired Magazine 2012.

Always great when I am able to borrow technology before I decide if it is something I want to add to my collection. One step better than the 'Petting Zoo' idea -- I have the option of taking the eReader home and trying it out.

Our library is always looking for ways to include technology into their lending options as well.

D

Hi,

When eReaders first came out, a friend introduced me to Mirasol Technology -- and I decided I would wait for what I would consider my 'first' ebook experience until this technology -- or something similar- came to Canada. 

As I wait, I regularly visit The Digital Reader and Good E-Book Readers -- amazed at the choices available. So many choices, in fact, O'Reilly's Annual Tools of Change for Publishing Conference is offering a Petting Zoo to "get up close and personal with the latest and greatest reading devices and platforms".

As I wait, I use many of the tools mentioned in other posts with my PC desktop and Mac laptops. And with all the options, I can keep myself very busy.

And now I have been presented with this opportunity to collaborate on authoring and publishing -- what fun!

Looking forward to our time together -- a memory trove to keep for my first eBook download - whenever that opportunity comes. What fun!

Deb