Posts made by minhaaj ur rehman

Great topic. For years, i have worked as educational consultant, helping organizations and educational institutions design, implement and evaluate learning modules. I specialize in instructional design and technology incorporation in learning context. I am doing this free Evaluations best practices course, facilitated by Bronwyn Hegardy from Otago Polytechnic Institute, Newzealand. I would encourage everyone to have a look on the course content and insights that people have about evaluation in e-learning context, which can be both self-paced and guided. It has given me a chance to reflect on my own practices and be inspired by what people are doing.

http://bestpracticeevaluation.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Minhaaj.
Hi, My name is Minhaaj and i am from Pakistan. I am an educator and consultant. I have been attending numerous PD courses online and i think this is a fabulous way of self grooming that is so important for teachers today. With technology easing our lives and sneaking in every sphere of life, continous learning or Japanese Kaizen is becoming important. I wish you good luck for this project.
Although this conference has taken no steps of drawing a solid framework for making education universal and affordable for both canadian and international students and sadly, academia was not interested in it, this has been a nice endeavor to pull people together. I hope in future like minded people would stay in touch and help in making e-learning more universal and less canadian. Thanks Nellie, Nalin, Stephen Downes for your thoughts about free and affordable education without geographical biases. Summing up over all this has been a very nice event and events like these should be arranged more often.

Thanks
Minhaaj
Stephen, i remember reading a book by plato and he said 'I am sorry that i dont know much about drama. If i only had money i would go to (some guy) and attend the drama course' and i realised that success of athens was the zeal of its scholars to learn. In this regards today's educational institutes have turned into money making machines instead of places for collaborative learning and learning places. I have read your blog and i think your aim of providing universal and free education is what the canadian academia lacks. I am very optimistic that academics like you will make a difference.

Thanks
Minhaaj
Nellie this is the probably the best thing said in context of free education. I am sure a huge number of teachers are willing to do that. I would personally do that too. Given, the pre-requisite culture of universities that impose intellectual restrictions on students and teachers alike before they can learn, free education is the inevitable initiative. I am happy that people like you are and will make difference in future. I would love to hear same announcement from faculty of other western universities and elite schools.

Thanks