Posts made by Tara Vanderveer

Hi team!

Very happy to be joining you all for my 4th (?) MicroCourse!

I figured it is a course about videos, so

https://youtu.be/Se_Z-O_WcwI

(Edited by Sylvia Currie - original submission Tuesday, 26 March 2019, 5:50 PM - added link because video might not be displaying for everyone?)

Hey Janna,

I have not had any learners that were uncomfortable with technology, but I HAVE had some that are uncomfortable F2F!

That said, not all learners are into Twitter or don't understand how to use Social media professionally, so day 1 we talk about that and I encourage them to set up a professional Hootsuite or other Social media accounts that we will use in class. I try to have them avoid using personal ones at all costs as it can lead to shadiness...

In my experience, easiest tools are ones they already know and love like Social Media (snapchat, insta, twitter). Next is anything that you can embed/they don't have to leave your course page for (like Padlet, PlayPosit). Next is anything they don't need an account to use Socrative, Kahoot, Quizziz, Nearpod, Quizlet. Lastly, anything they need an account for. Mostly because they forget their accounts and you can't help them with that. OneNote and Anki need passwords but they are worth it!

Follow #EdTech and #EdTechChat for all of the most up-to-date reviews!

Hey Colleen, 

Quick search and nothing recent for #Firstsnowselfie.

Do you want to have our learners all share something like #MidtermMotivations #MidtermMood #AcrossTheNorth? It would be cool for our Iqaluit peeps to see what you guys are up to in Whitehorse!