Posts made by Jamie Billingham

Hey Sylvia,

I missed this post on Friday - so sorry :-/

The conversation part looks cool - have you thought about doing the whole thing as a conversation? Or a news report? Or something to make the first minute (163 words) more hooky?

One of the reasons for using explainer videos is to help with this exact kind of content. My fish brain didn't get past the second paragraph - so 10 seconds of reading it and I was daydreaming - ok, it is Sunday and that could be part of it lol

Para 1 and 2 will be easy to add graphics to and those will help folks stay tuned in. Para 3 may take a bit of work though. You could try to move more of the info in para 3 into the conversation section.

K, that's my 2 cents - or 5 cents - 'cos of the whole no more pennies thing :- )

jamie

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for being part of this adventure and I hope to virtually bump into you all again :-)

Before I go, here is me eating my own dog food (awful expression!)

I spent the better part of today finishing up my own explainer video on explainer videos. This is the one that began as an example script and storyboard. 

https://youtu.be/okcD-fvvCUg

I have had a lot of fun with this and have learned some lessons. Here is what I would do next time.

I  think this microcourse kind of works as an intro but it might work better if it were chunked up more.

I think it would work better as a a microcourse on each section.

1. Planning your explainer video.

2. Scripting and story-boarding your explainer video

3. Choosing the right technology to produce an explainer video

4. Producing an explainer video

Ok, I am signing out. Have grand kids and hot dogs waiting for me so off to the river I go !

Cheers,

jamie

Oh, I hear you about the enunciation. I am always amazed at how much I slur lol

Yes, write your script then record. That's your foundation and it should, imo, always be laid first.

1. Plan it out

2. Pre-production - script and storyboard

3. Production - record your script

4. Post - edit and put it all together

Hey folks,

Well, it's Friday which brings us to the end of our 5 day explainer video scrum.

It is not however the absolute end. I'll be lurking here tomorrow as I try to finish and post my own final video (yikes) and generally make myself available.

The course itself will remain available to you and if you have any burning questions you can reach out to us (Sylvia and I) at any time.

And...

The fine folks over at CommonCraft are offering a free course on explainer videos called a Teacher's Guide to Creating Common Craft Style Videos in the Classroom.  How cool is that!?

https://www.commoncraft.com/free-course-teachers-guide-creating-common-craft-style-videos-classroom

I've taken their masterclass and can say from experience, their courses are really well done!

Ok, signing off for tonight but will be around and will post once more tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,

jamie