Discussions started by Bronwyn Stuckey

What activities have you joined in or led in SL that really took advantage of the affordances of the virtual world? What activities actually involved people in the 3D world and and maybe provided an "aha" moment as to what might be achieved in virtual world learning environments?

Can we brainstorm for a while on some of the effective practices we have seen and after we have accumulated a list consider what moderation skills (and I am not sure I like that word) facilitation skills these activities required to be successful?

PS: I posed this topic as I personally felt I needed a practical way into this topic ;-)

I have just started reading Learning in Places - The Informal Education Reader edited by Zvi Bekerman. Has anyone read this? What were your thoughts?

It struck me that literarature on informal learning is found inĀ  and across many domains - ones that I might not encounter or even recognise. Given the illustrious group assembled here in this disucssion, I thought it might a be a great place to find and discuss interesting or even betterĀ  - provocative literature.

So what is on your bookshelf?