Discussions started by Jacquie Harrison

Great work on your rubrics! 

Thanks to all who posted drafts. I appreciate the work that goes into designing and posting feedback.

I am impressed by the diversity of what is posted and the thoughtful feedback that has been given already.

Today is the day to take a look at some or all of the rubrics that have been shared.

In our growing list of resources compile examples, there is an excellent rubric on how to evaluate rubrics from VIU.  I find it useful to help me give feedback.

If you feel so inspired, feel free to revise your rubric and repost. 

I'm looking forward to reading your comments and learning together about rubrics.

Good morning!

It's so nice to see you all in the quick hello. We are a talented group! 

If you are following the suggested timeline for this MicroCourse, you spent some time thinking about what rubrics are, maybe looking at few examples and considering how and why you could use a rubric in a course that you teach. 

Now, it's time to roll up your sleeves and develop a first draft. We're moving in to Step 7 in the Activity Packet. 

Please post your draft rubric in the Sharing and Feedback by Wednesday evening.

Happy developing!

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing a video that I made for a course that I'll be teaching. 

I used screen cast-o-matic and uploaded it to youtube.

I'm wasn't sure how to upload it to Kaltura or how to embed the video here.  I'd like to learn though.

I find it really hard to talk naturally but I didn't want to read from a script. It took me an embarrassingly long time to make this video.

COPY PASTE THIS LINK: https://youtu.be/Fij0o2Mx1XQ

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

(Edited by Robin Leung - original submission Thursday, 14 June 2018, 1:39 PM)

(Edited by Sylvia Currie - original submission Thursday, 14 June 2018, 5:34 PM - issue with YouTube videos too large for forum display and hiding text in post. Work around for now is to copy/paste link instead of embed)