Posts made by Jacquie Harrison

HI all!

I'm so happy to be taking this course as at this time. I've preparing to take over revising and teaching the Certificate in Online/ELearning Instruction at VCC. I'm researching what cognitive science has to say about designing multimedia learning so this course dovetails nicely!

The video I hope to make I can drop into my course. This is a great opportunity for me to learn, practice and get feedback. Thanks for offering this course!

My topic;

Constructive alignment

My audience:

• Students in the first course in the Certificate in Online Instruction. The pre-requisite to this Certificate is the Provincial Instructor Diploma. Constructive alignment is a key concept in the Diploma and it would be good to have a short refresher before students begin.  We also allow students to register who have not completed the PIDP but have prior experience as an instructor. As this is a foundational concept, I don't want to assume that they are familiar with alignment in course development. 

Takeaways:

Understanding at the conceptual level of constructive alignment and why it is important in instructional design. 

BIG ideas

Definition of outcomes/objectives

alignment with instructional activities and assessment

How long?

Aiming for 4 minutes but no longer than 5!

I am also really looking forward to hearing about others' videos too. 

Hi Emma! Hi Jamie!

Nice to see you here :)

I'm looking forward to this course too. I make lots of videos for my online courses and am certain they can be better. 

I just found this course this morning and the timing is perfect. I'm reading a book called E-learning and the Science of Instruction, Clark and Mayer. 

This course will go along nicely with the book.

Jacquie

Hi Mark,

Great suggestions from Leonne and Doug! 

I can see your need to develop something  that will be easy and useful for quick review.

Descriptive feedback is the most useful for students and in your tool, they can get that from the comments on the side. Rubrics are so useful because the describe the quality of work done is each criteria. Maybe add some descriptive words of the quality fo performance. If the course is mostly complete/incomplete you could use a checklist instead of a rubric. 

Thanks for sharing this rubric. 

Great work on your rubrics! 

Thanks to all who posted drafts. I appreciate the work that goes into designing and posting feedback.

I am impressed by the diversity of what is posted and the thoughtful feedback that has been given already.

Today is the day to take a look at some or all of the rubrics that have been shared.

In our growing list of resources compile examples, there is an excellent rubric on how to evaluate rubrics from VIU.  I find it useful to help me give feedback.

If you feel so inspired, feel free to revise your rubric and repost. 

I'm looking forward to reading your comments and learning together about rubrics.