Posts made by Robin Leung

That's a great voice over video. I love how calm and soothing it is to watch.
And yay! I was hoping to see someone use Spark here. I think with the voice cut offs, maybe you could try leaving an extra few seconds at the end before switching to the next slide. This way you can chop off unnecessary frames. It has been awhile since I've used Spark, but I'm hoping those edit features are still available. I also note from the last time I've used it, that the online version and the app version slightly differs.

Good question! With my video, I've opted to put it in Kaltura (I believe you also mentioned that your institution uses Kaltura). The nice thing about Kaltura is that it will take any type of video formats you throw at it and it will spit out a single format and player that works across all platforms. You wouldn't need to worry if it's in the correct format or if it'll work on mobile.

Thanks for sharing your video, Janet.

Like others who have commented, I too agree that you may want to use less repeated slides (although, I think it's iMovie that does this for you). Perhaps prolong the slides longer with a voice over (I think taking this baby step will help others understand what the project is about and help you become better being in the video). I know you can accomplish this with iMovie.

To make you feel better, my intro video that I made took multiple attempts (especially, I didn't do it with a professional mic or camera) and plus I challenged myself by doing it outside (with a LOT of background noise). But with multiple attempts, you get better each time and you pick up what mistakes you've made previous times.