Posts made by Lawrence Wasserman PhD

I am working on a knowledge sharing project that includes developing a taxonomy and collaboration tools. Any good references would be appreciative. KS refers to sharing informstion, data and best practices around trade and commercialization success stories of funded projects in African countries. Any good KS models etc. again appreciative.

Mobile technology is booming as noted 

The Economist article in 2005 said it best … <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

… the more sensible goal is to determine how best to use technology to promote bottom-up (health) learning. And the answer to that question turns out to be remarkably clear<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />: by promoting the spread not of PCs and the internet, but of mobile phones.

Mobile phone devices 2.7 billion Worldwide mobile phone users where private and public enterprises live in a wireless environment of cell phones/PDAs, all essential tools for managing and training 

I am assisting company that has software that serves as provider of mobile solutions developed an authoring, publishing, delivery and tracking system. Anticipate the need for integrating mobile content in the form of learning, testing and management guides, and job aids to support growing field workforce with mobile accessibility.

Software includes 

Mobile Learning Platform System composed of two main domains. The Learning Mobile Author (LMA) an authoring tool where content is rapidly created, produced and published to Palm, Pocket PC, HTML and mobile hand phones as "modules" that can include; Text, Checklists, Content, Quizzes, Tests, Images, Audio, SVG, Flash, Video and Poll/Survey and Podcasting.

The second is Mobile Delivery and Tracking System (MDTS) enables Users (ID/Password) to access mobile learning content “modules” published by the Learning Mobile Author.

Educators, trainers, and training organizations, public and private sectors can track results by mobile initiatives faster and cost effective than imagined with on-demand performance support.

I would like to know where mobile application tools can be applied in developing countries.