Posts made by Brenda Kaulback

OK I just did what Marsha suggested NOT doing - so let me say - "I agree with Marsha's great ideas and want to add a comment..." would have been a much more inclusive way of adding my last posting. (I hope you all learn through examples of what NOT to do!)
Marsha - These are such good suggestions. I shared them with the team of facilitators in one of the communities I work with - (I credited you). In reference to summarizing, I agree with you that summarizing in the middle of a conversation can be show stopping. I also find that in pauses in the online conversation, summarizing what came before for folks tuning in late can help them to orient themselves and jump into the conversation. With asynchronous collaboration, it can be tricky to keep folks in the loop.

Sorry to be late. I missed the elluminate session, but watched it after the fact and it was really excellent. Thank you, Janet! I wish I could paricipate in the next one, but I have a meeting with a client. I will be waiting for it to be posted, though.

I am Communities Manager with Knowledge in the Public Interest, where I facilitate (online) and support online communities and coach folks in organizations or groups of organizations (public sector - education, government, foundations, etc.) who want to work collaboratively online. Homebase is Brooklyn, New York.

I am not a regular participant; I think I wandered in here via a Moodle Canada conference a while ago, but here is my two cents...I was drawn in by the seminar on creating online dialogue, which was excellent. I am sorry I missed the earlier one on facilitation, as that one looked very interesting also. I work with both educational and other organizational (government, non-profit, foundations, etc) online CoPs. I support (coach) facilitators, set up the sites, kind of do Sylvia's job in some respects, so topics that relate to dialogue and facilitation interest me.

I think this community is very well organized. It is usually pretty easy to get to where I try to get to and the topics are good and I have discovered some good resources here. So, thanks, and thanks for having it open to outsiders like myself!

I am not a regular participant; I think I wandered in here via a Moodle Canada conference a while ago, but here is my two cents...I was drawn in by the seminar on creating online dialogue, which was excellent. I am sorry I missed the earlier one on facilitation, as that one looked very interesting also. I work with both educational and other organizational (government, non-profit, foundations, etc) online CoPs. I support (coach) facilitators, set up the sites, kind of do Sylvia's job in some respects, so topics that relate to dialogue and facilitation interest me.

I think this community is very well organized. It is usually pretty easy to get to where I try to get to and the topics are good and I have discovered some good resources here. So, thanks, and thanks for having it open to outsiders like myself!