Posts made by Catherine Paul

Hello everyone,

As our two weeks draw to a close I find myself wishing we had more time to follow up on the different projects we've heard about. We've had a chance to discuss the value of ePortfolios, the tools we've experimented with and the challenges we face in taking the time to encourage, evaluate and model reflection. It's been a fascinating session to facilitate.

Thank you to Sylvia for getting us going with all of this and being available for questions and guidance. Deb, thank you for facilitating our web conference!

Roselynn and I have been so impressed by the quality and richness of all the postings. Thank you for being part of this seminar and taking time to share how you're using ePortfolios.

We look forward to seeing you all at other SCoPE events and hopefully staying in touch as we explore how to effectively use ePortfolios in our teaching and learning.

All the very best,
Catherine and Roselynn
Hi Everyone,

We've been seeing an ongoing theme in the discussion threads and during our web conference about how to effectively use tools for eportfolios. People have mentioned WordPress, Mahara, Moodle... We'd love to hear more about what you're doing. Here are some guiding questions to start us off:

1. What tools are you using for ePortfolios? What influenced your choice? Can you share a link to an example of an eportfolio with this platform?

2. What are the benefits of this tool choice?

3. What are the challenges you've faced in using this tool?

We look forward to hearing your responses.

All the best,
Catherine
Hi everyone,

As I've been reading and catching up on the rich, deep postings over the last few days I've noticed a recurrent theme: how can we encourage students to reflect?

Perhaps we can delve more deeply into this... please consider:

1. How do you define reflection? (this is building on what Nicholas Bowskill wrote,)

2. What strategies have you used to encourage reflection?
3. What is often missing in your students' reflective writing?
4. How do you model being a reflective practitioner?

We look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
Catherine