Posts made by Heather Ross

I had no idea about our shared love of office supplies. :) I'm planning to purchase a shiny new object to write with in the coming weeks - a MacBook Pro (my first laptop) on which I will promptly install Scrivener. 

We should really talk writing some time.

I think that others have made some great comments on this already, so I'll just add something quickly. I think when someone is really motivated to do something, the task goes from "have to" or "should" to "get to".
I don't think that this can be done simply because there is no such think as a universal environment in the world place. I work at a technical college. Our students go on to be graphic artists, nurses, carpenters, commercial pilots, chefs, and a host of other occupations.

Even if we're talking about office work, there is still a variety of work environments. Working at Google is not the same as working at an insurance company, for example.

Once size won't fit all.
Brent,

I work for our institutions "virtual campus". We're in charging of working with instructors to build online courses. We recently purchased some iPads to try them out and see how they would work with our what we produce. While Blackboard looks the same in Safari on the iPad as it does on a desktop (not that that's a good thing because it's still Blackboard), we (and any student who tries to access their courses this way) can not see a great deal of the media in our courses. All of our videos are Flash as well as any of our animated graphics.

I think that there is a huge potential using for iPads in education, but the Flash issue is going to continue to be the elephant in the room.