Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduce yourself!

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 3
Dear Ahmad,

After doing a lot of research work through the last 25 years, reading and doing enriching phenomenological research, I now wonder how readily accepted it is by my colleagues. I have found it to be methodologically reliable, valid, and somewhat accepted in certain circles of psychology, which is my field of study.

For the past 5 years, I'm slowly learning of practical technology for research and more pedagogical and other perspectives (e.g. Connectivism course).

Now I have a wider span of technology tools, education resources (open source), my Athabasca University Elgg to check into, and interdisciplinary professional interests. Still, as a person in private practice. I want to address applied research more effectively and efficiently.

I want to use technology to the best advantages. I see a practice vantage point for international, national and local data collection. I think that collecting interviews by Skype or other forms of online auditory and/or visual data as well as recording through Eluminate text and mp3 (or mp4), and using other forms of internet advantages (speed of e-mail), the research rapport can be established. It does take time and planning --prepare extensively and go with the best flow possible) I think I will find some ideas in Janet's book. I'm still waiting its arrival by post).

Jo Ann
In reply to Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

by Deleted user -
Jo Ann,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Nice to see some fellow Canucks here smile

Have a good day,

Ahmad
In reply to Deleted user

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Dear Ahmad,
It is good to have you on SCoPE and in this seminar. Your information mentions Kuwait and also Walden University -- that I imagine you are doing online. I tood the Graduate Diploma in Distance Education and Technology with Athabasca University and I am full time in private practice as a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist. I have been seeing a growth in online interests, but still there are many professionals in my area that think they are too busy to get very involved in blogs, e-research, online interviews. I think it is such an opportunity for growth and professional expansion through not only the available technology, but in connections to people and information while being very busy at the same time. Cheers, Jo Ann
In reply to Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

by Deleted user -
Hello Jo Ann,

That's right, I currently live in Kuwait and pursuing a DBA program at Walden, online with limited residencies. Athabasca University was one of the schools I considered for my doctoral studies. I agree with you, online/distance education has opened doors for busy professionals who are serious about personal development and career advancement. However, it takes tremendous amount of dedication and commitment to be successful in an online program offered by good schools.

Thanks for your interest.

Have a great day,
Ahmad