Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduce yourself!

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Everyone,
I'm a Frequent-SCoPE-Explorer and I'm interested in all the comments made so far in the introductions. I have been a participant (interviewed) in online interviewing for research and had very different experiences. I have also done many of the questionaires online for students and professionals.

My favourite experience as an interviewee was where the questions were clear and the interview was also somewhat open to anything I might contribute to the subject area.
  • Why are you interested in synchronous online interviews? - I'm interested in supervision and helping student's design research and also my own lifetime learning.
  • What are you most curious, concerned or intrigued about in regard to collecting data through online interviews? - How students are guided, how committees that approve the research are informed.
  • Have you ever conducted an online interview or participated in one? - I've participated in two.
  • If you are designing or carrying out research, tell us about your area of research interest. I'm not at the present time, although I've participated in f-to-f interviewing research five times for phenomenological research.
  • What do you hope to learn in or gain from this seminar? - Nuances of the field as it is unfolding.

In reply to Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

Re: Introduce yourself!

by Janet Salmons -

Welcome Jo Ann,

I hope that we will have the opportunity to discuss particular issues about guiding students and working as committee members.

Janet