Introductions

Re: Introductions

by Nalin Abeysekera -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,all,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am Nalin Abeysekera. Nellie Deutsch and my self now in verge to begin the journey of e-learning in developing countries. I am Sri Lankan. Lecturer at Open University of Sri Lanka. Lecturing International Marketing and Advertising. I am working as an instructional designer for online courses in the faculty of Humanities and social science. Sue and Mark (from Canada)always helping me to develop my courses in Sri Lanka. As a lecturer and marketer I am keen on promoting e-Learning in Sri Lanka.
In reply to Nalin Abeysekera

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Hi Nalin,
Great to be facilitating this seminar with you. I just read a very interesting article by G. M. Niel Gunadasa submitted to the development gateway foundation communities for knowledge sharing and collaboration worldwide  called ICT in Education Policies in Sri Lanka: Challenges and Opportunities. The article seems to provide a good background of the educational situation in Sri Lanka.        
In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

by Niel Gunadasa -
Hi Nallie,

It is nice to hear that you have obtained some back ground knowledge on ICT in Education in Sri Lanka after reading my article. Specially, dveloping countries need systematic method (mechanism) to implement ICT in Education in order to achieve the reasonable out come and out put. In order to have that, my personal idea is that developing countries must have "National ICT Policy and the Master Plan" which provide strategic frame work to uplift ICT related "everything" with sustainable model. But unfortunately most of developing countries are not handling the "ICT" carefully with a view of long term plan and their own identity.

In reply to Niel Gunadasa

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Dear Niel,

Thank you for responding. The workshop is over but the discussions are not. Please join at IT4ALL and see what we are doing to promote free e-learning around the globe.

Warm wishes,
Nellie Deutsch.
In reply to Niel Gunadasa

by Nalin Abeysekera -

Hello Niel,

Thanks for the participation.Nice to hearing from you.It is indded a great need to have a National Policy for IT.But i think we can bring this discussion at national level.Beacuse we had a very informative input from our frends @ Scope.Even i feel we can prepare a policy paper by using this comments(information)!!! Thanks to scope!!!