Welcome to SCoPE Reflections and Next Steps

Re: Welcome to SCoPE Reflections and Next Steps

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Sylvia and all SCoPE Adventurers.
I like the questions and will answer briefly.
  1. What have you liked about SCoPE -- I like the fact that I can participate when I have time, but back off when I just don't have the time. I like the fact that there are many ideas shared freely. I feel somewhat discouraged that I don't get to apply more skill building -- but it is not a criticism of the activities, just my own and other external pulls that take my time.
  2. What would you change? -- I really like the format and even the platform sees okay to me. However, I would like to see more international involvement -- if possible. I would like to learn more about application and projects that are working models for others to follow.
  3. What are your ideas for future activities? I would like to see more entry layers addressed -- like consciously offering tiers of learning which helps through scaffolding. For example, introducing beginner skill building of pod casts, video insertions that don't take forever to download (like mine did recently). On ther other hand, another tier of learning could be having people who are budding experts (if not vintage) in an area in which the SCoPE group would be interested. Of course, SCoPE affords lurkers and keeners alike. I like Nellies's WeqQuest idea -- and she, for example might lead a forum or a section of a forum in that area.
Jo Ann