The CHALLENGE: create a two to three minute video

Re: The CHALLENGE: create a two to three minute video

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 6
Dear Nik,
Thanks for this Youtube and for being the first "male" to get a video to us.

The message is worthy and well said. Even though it is a script being read, the video comes across as constructive and the intention feels positive. I feel like I know you better than before -- that is, just by texts -- which we have written on Scope before. Thanks for being brave.

I don't know why I have been unable to load my two videos onto Scope. At first I had to deal with the fact that my camera checks out but the logitec program does not seem to connect to it and now I have to have a tech in to examine my usb port. However I was able to use my colleague's computer at work and after setting it up, I did two videos, one today and one two days ago.

I have them sitting on my desktop but can't download them -- as I need to find the "click to add video" on the Scope facebook which does not appear anywhere or maybe does not exist.

I tried to joing the Scope facebook group, but maybe I'm a member now, but I don't think so -- and I don't think the sign up recognized me.

I repeated my attempts to join a few times. I did see the site and I saw the video of Sylvie and some others there -- so I think I was on it.

If anyone could help me with posting my video on the scope group, I will put them online.

I don't like the idea of putting them on my own facebook but I see there is a picture of a camera on my own site. I'm hestiant to put this experiement out there -- for all time and prosperity, but I will. I don't want to use Youtube for this exercise as I see it for our group and myself as learning, but I do want to use Youtube professionally with art therapy simulation videos eventually.

Thanks for sharing Nik and all the others.
In reply to Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

by Sylvia Currie -
Jo Ann, I checked the SCoPE Facebook group and you don't seem to be on the roster. I'm not sure why FB is not letting you join the group! But you do need to be a member to have that "upload video" link show up.

Another option is to attach your video file to a forum post like Penny did. When you're composing a message scroll down to the bottom and you'll see an attachment option. Browse your hard drive to find your movie and and it will become attached to your forum post. You can only attach one file at a time so you'll need to post 2 messages to upload both of your videos.

Can't wait to see it! I've known you for a long time but only through text!
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Dear Sylvia and all,

I'm loading one of the videos, but I'm not sure it is small enough. There is a (10MB) limit.

The other one has a better picture -- but the sound did not work. However I think this one is okay for a first. I will do another next week.

It is all learning. wide eyes
Jo Ann
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Penny Heaslip -
The main reason that I posted the video file to the forum was that I did not want to have my video on UTube.  I have real concerns about my privacy and who has access to information about me.  The web is not secure and as a learner I would prefer not to have "my learning" available to the whole world.   That being said this seminar has been a great learning experience and has for me has broken the ice re trying a new way to reach students.  If I ever get a chance to teach online I will certainly use video clips as away to interact with students. 
In reply to Penny Heaslip

by Christine Horgan -
Hello: You folks look as though you're having an enormous about of fun (and some frustration). I wish I had time to do more than lurking. Is someone posting a summary of the good, bad, and ugly? Thank you, Chris
In reply to Penny Heaslip

by Jesai Jayhmes -
Hi Penny,
I agree with you about the privacy issues on youtube and other public free platforms. It is important to be careful. It would be great if the scope site could enable direct uploading of videos.

In reply to Jesai Jayhmes

by Sylvia Currie -
SCoPE can actually display videos directly when attached to a forum post. I just flipped the switch to enable it and have been fiddling with different formats and file sizes. I notice the files with .wmv format take forever to load, but .mov files load just fine. I'll keep investigating.

I know what Penny means about posting videos publicly. While SCoPE is open to the public it is less likely that others will come across your videos here. I posted my video to the SCoPE group in Facebook but didn't know it would also show up on my own FB page. Minutes later I received a comment from my best friend from grade 2! And my sisters were all over it. big grin

YouTube has a setting to make your movie private, but you still have access to the embed code to provide access from SCoPE. There's a restriction on how many times you can view private video but I'm not sure that applies when embedded.