Welcome to our April seminar!

Welcome from Bill

by William Owen -
Number of replies: 1

Hello All,

Caren and I are excited to welcome you to this forum to discuss evaluation practices for informal learning. In various contexts the question of how one evaluates self-paced/informal learning keeps arising.  Because this question keeps arising, we think it is important for us as a community to share in the conversations that daw on our collective knowledge and creative ideas.

What are our shared best-practices? How can what we do in one context extend to another context? How do we recognize, value, and appreciate people's commitment to enhancing their teaching, leadership, and other skills?

We look forward to having this exciting conversations with you over the next 3 weeks.

Thank you to Sylvia for establishing this event.

In reply to William Owen

Re: Welcome from Alice

by Alice Macpherson -
Hello from the Lower Mainland of BC on a beautiful spring day. The plum trees outside my window are in full bloom and there is a finch loudly proclaiming his territory out there as well.
This is an interesting topic and provides a lot of 'scope' for discussion and analysis.
As the Prior Learning Assessment coordinator at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, I believe that learning is continual and occurs in many ways, over time.
As a tradeswomen, I believe in an apprenticeship to learning process that is characterized by long term practise and practices to incrementally build deep expertise and the ability to transfer skills, knowledges, and attitudes to new environments.
As a constructivist/behavourist instructor and learner, I am always looking for change in context and interaction as evidence of learning.
I am very interested in reading how we all look at evaluation processes when we are not in time limited formal learning environments.