Introductions

Re: Introductions

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 0
Hi everyone,
Thanks for starting the introductions Dierdre. We have been on several Scope conferences now together.

By way of an introduction, I want to say thanks for to all the Scope contributors as they help me stay in touch with ongoing learning in the online teaching area.

I am a clinical psychologist in Edmonton Alberta who has been involved in distance learning and education for the past 5 years. I just graduated with the Graduate Diploma in Distance Education and Technology at Athabasca University. I studied about online learning with Pat Fahy at AU and that course was very informative and has influenced my views. I have been taught cognitive behavioural therapy, health psychology, art therapy and dance/movement therapy. I consider myself a life long learner more, even when I teach or therapy in my private practice.

I am learning how others teach about expressive arts, health, learning, teaching and therefore, the topic of quality teaching intrigues me. I look forward to this e-seminar. Jo Ann