3. Share Your Final Video or Final Thoughts Here

Re: 3. Share Your Final Video or Final Thoughts Here

by emma bourassa -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all, 

Well, I tried. I worked with Animaker and got a pretty good draft ready, then something happened and the screen froze. Now hours later I have opened it and the shockwave flash crashed message pops up. Sigh....

So, I decided to set up a ppt and figure out how to work in that mode. 

The slides are done, and I voiced over and recorded 8 times before it was ready to share. 

Then I paused the vid and tried to figure out how to play back and save etc. There was nothing. I tried Ctrl S and nothing happened. I exited out and am looking around in case it's hiding somewhere. If it is, it is getting a talking to.....

That's my story. I have the ppt, if anyone can guide me through the record mode. 

I must say, the experience of putting together the script and lining up visuals was very valuable. I have a new appreciation for the cost of any video production! 

Be well, all! 

emma

In reply to emma bourassa

by emma bourassa -

Well, I'll be. There is magic in the air. 

Tried one more thing, so let's see if it works when sent out over the internet highway....

by Jamie Billingham -

Nice save!

And a great start on you journey towards explainer video wizardry.

gif of mcgonagall clapping

In reply to Jamie Billingham

by emma bourassa -

Thanks Jamie, 

I recorded leaning forward as the laptop was on a bin in the storage room, so my voice is not very loud. 

Am also considering auctioneer training- geez, some enunciation would be useful, yes? 

I think I'll try it again with a different platform. I was thinking to tape my voice and then set the timing. Does that make sense? Is there a process you find efficient and effective- once the platform is unerstood? 

Thanks for the course! 

emma

by Jamie Billingham -

Oh, I hear you about the enunciation. I am always amazed at how much I slur lol

Yes, write your script then record. That's your foundation and it should, imo, always be laid first.

1. Plan it out

2. Pre-production - script and storyboard

3. Production - record your script

4. Post - edit and put it all together