Day 5: Home stretch!

Re: Day 5: Home stretch!

by Cindy Ives -
Number of replies: 2

Thanks, Sylvia, for the encouraging start to Day 5. Unfortunately I don't even have a drafty draft :-(.

I'm still stuck in the reflections stage, and since I don't actually begin teaching again (after many years' absence) until January, I'm just not ready to move on. I think it's partly because I haven't yet adopted my new/ renewed identity as a teacher.

However, I'll spend much of today on this, and may have something later. In the meantime, if others are stuck, you'll know you are not alone.

Best to all...

In reply to Cindy Ives

by Sue Hellman -

HI Cindy, 

I think you've actually come a long way this week. When you are asked to write your TPS, a lot of the pre-thinking will be done. If you want to do one when you're in your new position, you might wait until the end of semester or year 1. Use it as a way to look back at what you thought would work and what turned out to be effective. We didn't anticipate that everyone would get much past the first draft in such a short time. This is one of the most difficult documents an educator can be asked to write. It takes time for thoughts to gel and a picture to emerge. In the meantime you have identified some priorities to take with you into your new work.  

Good luck in the new job. 

-S

Determination

In reply to Sue Hellman

by Cindy Ives -

Thanks for the support, Sue.

I actually wrote 5 pages today that captured the highlights of my history as a teacher. It ends with where the TPS will begin, I think.

I look forward to the next step, and am so much better prepared for it as a result of this week's activities.